We are staffed in accordance with CSSIW regulations.
Name, Day Care Centre Manager
- a Day Care Manager
- a Deputy Manager in charge of one of the rooms
- two additional Section Leaders
- full Time Nursery Nurses and Part Time Nursery Nurses and Assistants
- one cook
Our ratios of staff to children are:
- Babies under 2 years: one adult to three children
- Toddlers 2-3 years: one adult to four children
- Children 3-5 years: one adult to eight childre
The majority of our staff have NNEB, BTEC, CACHE Diploma or NVQ level 3 Nursery Nursing qualifications and the remaining staff have various childcare certificates including NVQ level 2 and WPPA. All full time and majority of part time staff have first aid qualification. We aim to have all staff first aid trained.
The Day Care Centre is committed to staff training and two training days a year and regular in-service training is undertaken. Where appropriate the Day Care staff are invited to attend seminars organised by Children's Services and report back to colleagues.